Monday, June 1, 2009

CA Lim feedback on our complain 30/May/2009

Dear all resident,
Please feel free to go through the reply from our consultant company, after we have sent them the show cause letter after one month of taking over the building management, personally I think there required another two week times is quite long where to the current people do have more then a year experience in out park avenue building. By right necessary information and knowledge should be able to pass down in a short time, which is also why we have retain the same group of people, well i left it to the resident to judge on this feedback as JMB we try our best to solve all the problem

Dear Encik Nasir,
Sorry for the late reply as I was out of office and just recovered from a bout of flu (not H1N1).
I have received a number of e-mails re the Property Management Services provided by my Company and in a "nutshell" I can understand your comments and frustrations. Please take note that we are taking action and steps to overcome the concerns that you have raised. However this being only the first month we have resumed our duties, we are in the process of looking into the matters that you have raised as well as to other matters which are of concern to us.
For example, the building audit process is an ongoing process and we have only just begun the superficial checks and are in the process of getting more details to see how we can strategize and remedy the process to overcome the issues and problems that we face. For example I have just collated the contract documents from some of the service providers and is in the process of going through them before coming up with proposals to the JMC which I feel may be required to be adopted and updated where necessary. I am also waiting for the audited or non audited accounts from the Developer and previous Property Managers to see where are the areas to follow up and to take the necessary steps to propose and see to improvements. To date, I can only gauge from the administrative accounts and procedures, and with regard to this, I have to wait for the monthly closing (which should take place soon) before I can gauge the strenghth and weaknesses.
I have already visited and inspected the building and have instructed my representative, Encik Noorman to follow up on a number of issues, i.e by getting specifications on facilities that need to be put in order and then the quotation on the costs required so that we can present the items to the JMC. At the same time I have instructed our representative Site Operations Manager to also look into factors relating to the commercial/retail areas so that we can come up with a proper proposal as to the strategies needed to revitalize the areas and collect back the outstanding payments. As for the outstanding payments (for the residential areas as well) we will have to confirm the balances from the Developer and the previous Property Managers so that we can proceed with action provided for in accordance with Act 663. I hope that the JMC has recieved the accounts and if so please extend a copy to me so that I can follow up with the necessary actions.
Pertaining to the House Rules, you have already in place a set prepared by the Developer through Messrs Henry Butcher which is still official as it had not been changed or altered by the JMB. With regard to this, I am studying the contents and will suggest to the JMC any required changes, additions and/or amendments which shall be endorsed at the next AGM or EGM, if necessary.
I have also on my own accord met up with Mr Daniel Kat, the Property Manager of the Developer (through their request) to seek their cooperation in overcoming some of the current problems faced.
Basically, I am concerned as you all are as to the issues and problems encountered at Park Avenue, but I definitely need time to implement the necessary to put things right. As to procedures, I am also in the process of drafting proposals to the JMC which I shall be presenting from time to time together with the regular reports, but as at the present time I am in the process of compiling and understanding what was in place and amending them accordingly. I am also asking the staff to show me their existing procedures and will be making changes where necessary.
I understand that the JMC is proposing to cut down the number of security staff from 11 to 8. Please take note that I have also reviewed their contract terms and also is looking at their deployment and duties. I am also doing the same for the Cleaners and other Service Providers. I would advise that you let me have about a week or two from now to present my recommendations to the JMC. I propose to be in KL from the 16th to the 19th of June, and hopefully we can meet up in person to deliberate further on these matters and any other matters.
If you do have any other matters or issues, please do not hesitate to contact me.Thank you,
Sr Lim Chien Aun.

4 comments:

  1. Tauke Wong,

    Wa cadang aa... lu olang kasi arahan aa guna itu baru punye teknologi... kasi email manyak senang apa.. talak susah, satu copy kasi sama itu wa punya kawan, Lim..cc sama Lorman...

    Manyak hal Lim talak tau supa Lim sama Lorman talak ngam maaa...

    Itu Lim aa misti talak mole cakap lia talak tau.. atau cakap lia punya RM talak kasi tau...

    Mr Kong

    ReplyDelete
  2. email sudah sent tak ada reply or take ages to revert back, we all also working and tones of daily job to handle but yet the management don't seem to care much on helping us solve problem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try send them a termination letter lo....see how fast they can response.....

    Or ask CA Lim owner to buy BlackBerry or iPhone lo...can access everywhere ma....Park Avenue is paying RM11k per month , its just a peanut to buy handphone lo....

    Its quite annoying that he was not aware about so many things...what an answer lah...very typical denial and very Malaysian....Can we just don't pay CA Lim and just say that we are not aware that CA Lim is actually running Park Avenue...the reason is that nobody inform JMC,so we are not aware...

    ReplyDelete
  4. of course cannot be so unprofessional , verbal agreement also consider as a fact. Anyway we already sent out concern to them,let give them another week or two to justified there action

    ReplyDelete